Friday 9 May 2008

perfected in utero


" I take great pride in my backstroke technique, perfected in utero! "

Just a few minutes walk down the road is a pool with water like that of a shallow rockpool in the sun. toasty! I float my little man around and blow bubbles and am getting ready to go 1..2…3 underwater!

It is amazing watching other little babies surface from their dunks – wide eyes and looks of shock (or recognition?) I felt like crying a little the first time we went in – so exciting and new and kind of amazing for him (or is that just me?)

I thought I would be a big independent, strong, disciplined mum. Far from it – already I can tell (but don’t tell him!) that I will be a huge softie, and am wary of doing anything that may give him a shock…. like throwing him underwater. I’ll tell you all how it goes..

Adrian thinks he looks like a fat tourist on the beach in these photos. What a belly.

No comments: