Friday 23 December 2011

spice



Kitchen: finding a sifter for the first batch of gingerbread men. I find I am rebelling at so much time spent in the bush with janu that I want to do fun stuff just by myself – I want to roll out all the dough and cut shapes out. I do it quietly so the kids don’t hear! Muffled giggles from sophie and I in the kitchen. We have cookies and cakes baked before lunch on the first day.  Stars, men and angels come out of the oven. At least we let the kids eat them. we hung them up as xmas decorations on the casurina-branch-tree, but maia kept swiping & scoffing. 

I was reflecting that Adrian and I are often at odds at xmas  - I don’t want presents and he can’t understand that. I finally understood from his perspective, imagining someone telling me that I couldn’t do any baking over xmas. There would be no point having Christmas! 

No comments: