Wednesday 2 April 2008

24 hours later

soon after being born, our tiny little man wakes up slowly.
I didn't sleep at all the first night, just watching him - not really believing that he was real.
and then the next night I didn't sleep at all for altogether different reasons - -
he was 2 wks old before I braved leaving the house. I didn’t really want to , and it took at least a wk to not feels like a total zombie (even making a phone call was a major achievement – one phone call). But the last few days I have ventured out with a baby sling and we have explored the different footpaths – paved, roads, and forest - in our new neighbourhood.Today I got very muddy, more so because with him strapped on the front, I couldn’t see my feet, so sloshed a lot. There are bluebells out (some white, some blue), little yellow and white daisies everywhere (some are called stichwort, as they look like stiches crossing the banks), daffodils wild everywhere, some like fried eggs, some double, some all yellow, some tiny; primroses – pale yellow. They are my favourite. Like the primulas planted in aust., but growing wild everywhere. Flowers. Green. Hills. The moors in the distance. Brooks babbling. Cold water creeks. And for the last few days – sun! front room for sun in the morning, bedroom for the afternoon.

No comments: