Friday 17 October 2008

Pack of parents



Beetroot & pear. mmmmm. & celery. (don't tell him about chocolate or cake, just for a while). Even though I get frustrated (that happens alot) he is actually not too bad at eating. I sometimes slip a teaspoon-full in when he's trying to put a toy in his mouth. he doesn't seem to notice, which makes me laugh.
It has suddenly occured to me, last night, as Adrian & I were in the Barrell House pub (we'd helped set up for a benefit for Amnesty International) that I am very glad to be a parent. That feeling has been a long time coming (as some of you know), and it just snuck up on me as I was talking to a mother of five, and she was reflecting on her 25-year-old son. Adrian had Janu in a sling, and he was wide-eyed staring, being happy and quiet amidst the clatter. I felt glad to be part of the big pack of parents out there. I really look forward to him talking, and laughing loud, and being confused. And me trying my best - he will learn early that humans are fallible.

1 comment:

catriona_e said...

He is so cute he makes me a bit weepy. Or maybe I'm just moody today! I can't wait to see him. Oh, and you and Adrian!