Friday 17 October 2008

boat house











I met Mike on the Devon lift-share site, where
he offered space in his car (already crowded his family plus more kids going to the local school) for the hour trip to work. So that solved my big belly how to get to work problem - except that Mike rode in from a park&ride lot 15min out of town. Not to be upstaged (!) I used to haul my bigbelly on a bike and cycle into town (at about 8 months he politely said he might cycle on ahead - I was getting too slow!). It felt like a serendipitous meeting, and I really enjoyed the trips.
A few days ago A and I went to visit his lovely family in their amazing boat house down on the river Dart, where they have lived for almost 20 years. Perched just above the river, their dogs and garden and life spill outside onto the Sharpam Estate and the river. Beautiful.

No comments: