Tuesday 20 September 2011

roads!

 'look dad, ratty' Janu cries on seeing an enourmous rat at the train station in Mumbai.  No one else notices. We had just seen almost transparent gecko in the waiting room upstairs - jubilation!

we played endless games of bingo - BINGO motorbike! BINGO motorbike! He could keep it up for hours.  Never, never a dull moment (even when you want one).  I remember on this bus ride being pleasantly squashed next to a woman who was very proud to be going to an awards presentation with her family, where her husband was to be given a prize for good work.  She had awoken early to pluck and string fresh jasmine through her long dark hair.  I was messy, dusty and shockingly unkempt, but I still enjoyed her big smiles. 

I was wondering why Adrian was taking a video of the traffic: 'this is just normal, nothing interesting is happening here' I thought. Looking at it now, no wonder Janu was entranced! 

No comments: